Kugler Hospital, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh

Kugler Hospital är ett liten kristet sjukhus i  Guntur. Dr.  Sarala  Elisha var den kvinnliga överläkare med vilken FFIA fick till stånd ett samarbete under några år på 80-talet.  Domstolsbeslut fattades av  Mahilipatnam  District Court. Denna domstol krävde att  adoptivamiljen skulle  uppföljningsrapportera tills adoptivbarnet blev 18 år. 

Samarbetstid: 1981-1984 

Antal barn: 14   

Barnhemspersonal
Barnhemsbilder

Från  Wikipedia: 

Kugler Hospitalis a Landmark ofGuntur City.Dr. Anna Sarah  Kuglerarrived in Guntur, India, Andhra Pradesh, in November 1883. With very few funds, and working as a teacher part-time, she started a small dispensary and began planning for a hospital for women. Her dream was realized as the American Evangelical Lutheran Mission Hospital, Guntur, India, which opened on June 22, 1897. The 50-bed hospital was established on an 18-acre (7.3 ha) campus and was considered one of the  best[citation needed]in India, with surgical facilities, maternity and children's wards, and a nursing school. Dr.  Kugler died in Guntur on July 26, 1930 and shortly after her death the hospital was renamed  Kugler Hospital. 

In addition to being the first women's  hospital[citation needed]in the entire coastal belt of Andhra Pradesh,  Kugler Hospital is notable for being established and administered almost entirely by women.Dr. Mary Baertook over as acting superintendent for the hospital when Dr.  Kugler went on furlough.Ms. Katherine Fahsfounded the nurses training program in 1899. The longest serving superintendent wasDr. Sarala Elisha. The hospital chapel, the Zimmerman Memorial Chapel, was donated byMrs. Jeremiah Zimmerman, an American, in 1906. When, in 1911, the maternity block was severely damaged and a new one was needed, the Women's Convention at York, Pennsylvania pledged $5,000 and made the Maternity and Surgical Block possible. In 1911, a children's ward was donated byMrs. Mary C.  Henckenof New York. 

The hospital was once one of the most popular hospitals in the region. On 23 February 2010, it was leased from  theAndhra Evangelical Lutheran Church(AELC) by M/s  Karunya Healthcare & Academic Foundation who  plan to renovate and  modernise the hospital. 

On 19 April 2010, Dr.  Kugler's birth anniversary, M/s  Karunya Healthcare & Academic Foundation held a prayer ceremony to bless the work of renovation and the re-opening of the hospital. The function was presided over by the then President of the AELC, the Rev. Dr. Suneel  Bhanu and well attended by various dignitaries. In the function M/s  Karunya Healthcare & Academic Foundation stated that the hospital will balance the continued commitment to the care of the poor and those most in need with the provision of highly specialized services to a broader community.